Friday, April 20, 2007

I was hoping I'd miss the rain...

It's raining here in California and I have to take the bus to the airport. I was hoping I'd miss the rain. Meh!

I had such a rough night/early morning.

I went to sleep around midnight and I woke up a couple hours later thinking that it was time it get up but it was only 2 something! Went back to sleep and did the same thing at 3! Then a little later the cat was pissing my off by scratching on the side of the liter box so I was going to get up to deal with her, when OMFG I FELL OUT THE BED! I knew I was close to the edge of the bed, but I didn't realize I WAS on the edge of the bed! Thank God I didn't hurt myself. Only scratched my elbow on a wicker basket next to my bed. But I was freakin' scared! My falling also scared the cat so she stopped scratching on the liter box. So I got up, went to the freakin' bathroom, cleaned up my elbow then went back to my room. Sometime later there was more scratching so I got up AGAIN to close my room door.

Around 5 am I was beginning to wake up again. This time it was because of the rain. Though I didn't know it was rain right off the bat. I thought it was one of the neighbor's showering. Yup, I can hear the shower water of my neighbors. Then I remembered the weather people said it was going to rain so that's what it was.

My mom mentioned asking my sister if she could use her car so I wouldn't have to take the bus, but I don't know if she's going to do that now. It would be nice, but I don't think it's going to happen. My dad asked if I wanted him to got to the airport with me to help with my luggage. I said I could do it myself (which I can) and I mentioned that I didn't know what I was going to do because it was raining. Of course he didn't know it was raining. I think I'm going to ask him to go with me to the bus stop so I don't slip and fall trying to carry my suitcase, tote carryon and umbrella.

Meh! I hate the rain but we need it badly.

It's 6 am and I leave to catch the bus around 750 am. It's not raining right now and I hope it doesn't start back up anytime soon *knocks on wood* I need to pull out my boots and repack my suitcase and get dressed.

Today's my mom's 61st birthday. Today is also the 8th anniversary of the Columbine shooting and Hokie Day. I couldn't find anything maroon and orange to wear and my mom doesn't have those colors in yarn so she couldn't make me a little pin to wear. But in spirit I will be wearing maroon and orange.

To the contrary of There is No Arizona that's there I'll be this weekend. Won't be seeing the Painted Desert, Sonoma, The Grand Canyon, or sadly Monument Valley, but I'll be having fun nonetheless. And if I do see them, I probably wouldn't know what I was looking at (unless it was The Grand Canyon or Monument Valley). Have a wonderful Friday and I'll see if I can hop online and update sometime this weekend. If I can't I'll be home Tuesday night around 10 or 11 pm.

No comments: