Saturday, August 19, 2006

I'm up because I can't go back to sleep...

I finished week 2 at South Bay Church of God. Also got paid for week 1. That was a nice check. Can't wait for the check from week 2 that I get on the 25th. I fell alseep on the sofa at 7 p.m. and didn't wake up until 11:30 p.m. I think. that's why I'm up now. I need to get back to slee though.

Tomorrow...or today or whatever will be spent at my church doing work there, making jewelry, washing about 10-15 loads of clothes and doing much needed grocery shopping. I'm already starting to feel like an adult.

I looked up info on the cost of pet vaccinations at the animal shelter and if I got everything (in one shot so to speak) that I needed to get for Ms Marple, it'd cost me $97!! Where if I (or my sister) would have paid the $60 something I could have gotten a kitten that was already taken care of! UGH! But I need to do something about the fleas. They seem to be back...and 10 times worse than before! I think it's from laying in the windowsill and laying by the door. And they're only around her head and neck - more so the neck. I feel so sad when I look at her and want to cuddle with her, but can't because the fleas freak me out (really, they do)!

School is starting soon and I'm happy about that! There's an Open House for the Airline/Avialtion Department on the 22nd I'm going to help with. I get hours for it so that's good. Plus I might get to see my school friends again and I'm happy about that too. September 5th is when classes start and then on the 11th another class starts. This is my last semester. It's so bitter sweet. But of course, I don't know when graduation is and I won't know until my petition for graduation is completed, filed and accepted. That has to be done soon. The deadline is September 15th! Maybe I can get started on it on the 22nd. Hopefully Jane or one of the other counselors will be on campus and can help me with that.

My 24th birthday is coming up. It's in like 3 weeks or something. It's on a Saturday so I'm trying to decide how I'm going to do the "work before my birthday" thing. I know I need to tell my boss that I might cut out early on the 8th so I can get the pre-birthday celebration underway, but then if/when I tell I know they're going to make a thing about it. I almost want them to, because I've never had a deal made about my day, but at the same time I don't. lol I'm weird I know.

I need to start paying Lora for the cruise in January and get my passport (since it'll take 6-8 weeks to process and everything). Oh and I know it's like forever away, but I'm already thinking (and stressing) about work for that week. The cruise is Friday, Saturday, Sunday and get back Monday. I don't have work Monday, but I do Friday and we have to be at the Long Beach Port by no later than 2 or 3 p.m. because the ship leaves at 5 or 5:30. I still see myself working at my church in January so I don't know how I'm going to get bulletins done for that one (though I'm sure Colleen could do them) and then there's the bulletins and things for SBCoG. Oh and not to mention a paycheck. I'll probably pick the check up in the morning, cash it (so I'll have money in pocket already), work until noon then head home to do last minute packing or whatever. Lora said she'd pick me up, her parents would take us to the dock that Friday and then pick us up at 8 a.m. the following Monday.

Umm yeah, that's everything. I'm going to try and go back to sleep...maybe watch a movie or something.

No comments: