Sunday, August 27, 2006

Since I last posted...

Not much of anything has happened really.

** Work is work and I'm really enjoying it there...at least I think I am. I mean I still go LONG periods of time where there's ABSOLUTELY nothing to do, so I surf around online, burn cds of my downloaded music, and text/IM my friends who aren't busy. Fun. Wednesdays (to a lesser extent), Thrusdays and Fridays seem to be the really busy days with them. Getting bulletins, songs and other various things ready for Sunday...and for 150 people. That's crazy man! But I survive. I have survived for the last 2-3 weeks. Come September 8th (the day before my birthday...yay!) I will have been there a month! Doesn't compare to the 5 years that I've been working at my church, and I'm sorry, I can't give another church 5 years of my life. Moving is my next big thing.

** Bills. I have 3 major bills, and all of them are credit cards. One of them is $299 from being paid off, the second one is $599 from being paid off and the third one is nearly $1500 from being paid off. I see myself paying on that last one for a while to come now. And what really sucks is that Citi Card will do an automatic payment of sorts, but they CHARGE an addition $14.95 to take the money directly out of my checking account! That's flippin' crazy! What the hell does that extra money go for?! I like how OSI/Capital One don't charge extra and I can make multiple payments a month on each card, which I have been doing and it's great. I think they're going to offer me a settlement at the end of this month and I might be crazy enough to take it. One less bill to worry and stress over these last few months of the year.

** School is starting soon! 3 of my 6 classes start the week of September 5th, then my other 3 classes start on the 11th. Damn holiday throws things off! I can't believe I'm going to be in school 4 days a week and working 5 days a week. Sunday will be my only "off" day and even then there's still some kind of work to be done at my personal church. I really don't want to burn out. But come the first Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of September I'll only have 1 class an evening/night and will be getting home at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays and about 11 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday. Mondays...oh gosh...I'm going to be on campus from 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. with MAYBE a 3 1/2 hour break between my last 2 classes. I say maybe because I don't know if the teacher is going to do things like she did last semester and start the class at 6 p.m. because she has another job that she works and won't be able to get to campus at 4 p.m. I'll find out on September 11th. Oh and then the cost of books. I think it's going to be somewhere around $300 for books for 4 of my classes since the "5th" and "6th" classes don't really have books.

** My birthday. I'll be turning 24 this year. I might be going to an Angels Baseball game, on my acutal birthday since it falls on a Saturday. I wanted to do the dinner thing with my friends/family, but my online friends (who I've seen a couple of times in person) have other things going on so I don't know if they'd be able to join me, and my so called real life friends...yeah they don't exist or they're playing an ultimate game of hide and seek or marco polo that I don't know about. Then the following weekend I was maybe going to treat myself to a nice dinner someplace. I was thinking the Elephant Bar across the street from where I live...but a lot can happen between there and home once I (or anyone) has consumed enough alcohol that they can't see straight. Not saying that I'm going to do that, but I do plan on enjoying myself. Also wanted to do something different with my hair. I was hoping to do that the weekend before my birthday (the 2nd) but the few hair salons I called wanted crazy amounts of money for that. I'd ask my parents for the money, but they don't have any income coming in and my sister's income is limited and I think my brother's going to buy me some kind of electronic device (digital camera or mp3 player) so I don't want to ask him. So I'm doing it myself. I probably won't end up getting it done and that makes me a bit sad.

I'm sure there's still more stuff to cover but I have to end this now. Church calls -grumbles- so yeah.

No comments: