Monday, February 12, 2007

Decisions...decisions

So e-mail from the Alumni Association I went on the Carnival cruise with last month.

Now, for those of you who are interested in becoming even more serious cruisers, we are planning a much bigger (and more expensive) Caribbean cruise for October of this year. We are inviting all Biola friends to join us for a 7-day Holland America Caribbean Cruise, planned by Inspiration Cruises, departing from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, on October 27, 2007, and concluding on Saturday, November 3. If you would like more information on this cruise, please just reply to this email and I'll get a brochure in the mail to you right away!

I'm of two minds to reply back. I know I'd be going by myself since Lora said it'd take her a couple years to save up for another cruise (and she wants to go to Alaska), but I'd be "going with" people on this cruise and whether I do any of the events with them or not, that's up to me. There's no harm in replying back to the e-mail, getting the information and making my decision from there. And hey...I could see my brother, his family, Marissa, Kelly, Kim, Tori and anyone else who lives in the area. It'd be too much (money & time) to extend it to Thanksgiving, but I think I could maybe do like a couple weeks after the cruise or a couple days before the cruise.

Hmm

edit: Holy cow! I just looked up the cost of 1 person going on Holland America on the 7 day cruise to the Caribbean and with airfare it's almost $2000! I'll stick with the January 11th, 2008 cruise they're planning. That one I'll have about 8-9 months to plan and save up for. When they said expensive I didn't realize it was going to be double the cost of sending my parents on a 3-day cruise to Mexico! But maybe there will be some kind of group deal making it less? I don't know. I sent sent the e-mail saying that I'd like more information. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: