Friday, May 25, 2007

14 hours after graduation

And I don't really feel any different. lol My parents where there (obviously), Lora, Maria and Licha were also there. There were only 4 students (including myself) from the ATC program (I assume everyone else who would have graduated got jobs in the travel industry). I didn't see Kathleen, but I did see Evie and Marc. I felt kind of...gipped that Kathleen wasn't there. I e-mailed her a couple of times letting her know that I was graduating and from her responses, I got the impression that she'd be there. No other students from the ATC program were there.

I missed having honors by a tenth of a point! My over all GPA was 2.9 something and high honors is from 3.0-3.74 (highest honors from 3.75-4.0). There's nothing I can do about it now, but it gives me something to strive for when I get my bachelor's degree. I want that gold cord! lol

Now for pictures. They aren't completely organized. I have them broken down by day - when I first got my cap & gown, graduation itself and then for the party on Sunday. I wish I would have taken my camera (or at least my phone) with me. I missed a bit of group shots with the other 3 people from the ATC program. 59 pictures with more to come! As a nice gift, ASB bought all the graduates frames with Cypress College on it. They opted for less food and to get the gifts. I thought that was nice, because apparently there were other frames being sold for $15+ (one frame that was really nice was $80!) So I have my Cypress College frame plus 2 other frames. I can't wait to see how the professional pictures came out! Sometime next week we should have proofs.

So I was talked into actually going through with my education. None of the classes I need/want to take are offered during the summer so I have to wait until the fall to take them and I'm going to apply to CSULB in August if I want to go Spring 2008 or in October if I want to go Fall 2008. If I go Fall 08 I don't have to rush in making up classes, if I do Spring 08, I have to rush...and I won't have much of a financial plan together. I think I'll wait until October to apply.

My cat got out this morning for like an hour. I was pissed that I had to get up at 6 something this morning to try and get her. Finally it was food that brought her in. and then my mom tells me that she's been out since BEFORE she left to take my dad to the train. OMFG! She could have told me instead of leaving her out there! Someone could have taken her, she could have gotten hit by a car or worse, in my opinion, gotten pregnant (yeah, I know I need to get her fixed)! That really made me mad. So now I have to keep her in her carrier or in my room when my parents go out in the early morning.

No comments: