Monday, May 28, 2007

So yesterday?

Yesterday was the reception at my church for my graduation. There were people I wanted there, who weren't there and it wasn't a surprise to me, but it hurt just a bit. But there's nothing I could do about it. Food was good, even though I didn't eat any there (I was too busy opening gifts lol) and everyone seemed to like the cake and ice cream. I brought about 1/3 of it home, which isn't bad conisdering there was maybe 15 people of the 20 who stayed from church.

I got lots of cards and money, I got a Target gift card, some things from Old Navy, a watch (which I REALLY needed), a frame with my picture from JPL in it, a pink necklace/earring set, a book (with bookmark), a vanilla musk candle, and 2 little date notebooks.

Today I'm going to use the cash I got to get my pictures (that I put into Longs Drugs), get some mailing envelopes and some other things I need. I hope that later this week I can get to Target to get some storage boxes so I can take my old school papers out of the notebooks and put them in that. The notebooks I'll store someplace else so that I have them for when I go back to school.

Hmm whatelse...I'm anxious to hear back from Universal Electronics to know if I got the job. If not, I need to start back applying to other places. My dad's been working the Star Wars Celebration IV event since last Tuesday and tonight is the last day of it. Apparently last night he came home with a freakin' Anakin Skywalker lightsaber. What the hell does he need that for?! It's just another piece of crap (although it is nice) to take up space in an already crowded 2 bedroom apartment. And this goes totally against what my mom said to me yesterday. She said that he realized that we (really he) doesn't need all the stuff in the garage and on the bookshlves here in the apartment. That he was going to start getting rid of it so I won't have to get a storage unit. Getting stuff for free from a convention isn't lessening the stuff he doesn't need. If we had a 3 bedroom apartment, it wouldn't be so bad. The 3rd room could be the office and all the crap from the living room could go in there. Whatever...just another room to junk up.

I better get dressed and head to Longs Drugs. edit: OMG I just saw a picture of myself from JPL on the 20th. I looked fatter than I feel! And my so called sexy jeans don't make me look sexy either. UGH!

No comments: