Friday, May 18, 2007

I don't feel like recapping...

Today...well yesterday was interesting to say the least. I finally got things straightened out with Universal Electronics and was offered an interview with them. I went to that (full detail in a bit), kind of got the bank/money thing straightened out and now I'm sort of on cruise control with the whole graduation thing.

Thursday started out bumpy. I set my alarm for 7 am knowing that I like to lay in bed a bit to "wake up" and I should have set it for 630 am. I got up at like 715 and was slow to get ready. I missed the 730 bus and I didn't want to wait until 830 because then I'd get to the interview at 1002 and that's late. My mom dropped me off at the train station and instead of waiting for the bus that would have gotten me there 30 minutes early, I opted for the one that was leaving when I got there (train station). So I got on the bus and we were off. 30 minutes later I was getting off that bus and going to chatch my second bus. Waited about 10 minutes for that and another 20 minutes I was getting off that one. Here's were things started to go bad. I was walking across the street to wait for the 3rd bus when I fell! Skinned my right knee pretty badly. And broke the straps of the tote bag I was carrying. Usually I can feel when I'm about to fall, but this time I couldn't. I don't know why...maybe because I was listening to music? who know. I didn't have anything to clean my knee with so I kind of had to let it dry under my pants. Thank God I was wearing pants or it would have looked very bad. Third bus comes and I'm nervous. I'd never been this particular direction on the bus so I didn't want to miss my stop. I didn't miss my stop, but I walked to blocks the wrong direction. I got my barrings and headed in the correct direction (later found out there's a bus stop closer. I know that for next time). My interview time was for 10 am and I got there at 950 am. I try to get to interviews between 15 and 20 minutes early so I was stressed I wasn't there in my ideal time frame.

The interview itself was okay. Met with the receptionist and Sr. Recruiter for 30 minutes and the last 30 minutes was with the HR Director. I think both parts went okay. I hope they went okay. After meeting with them, I'd like to work there (and after 6 months I can transfer to other depratments if I wanted) and I found out the hours that I'd be needed would be 11 am (to cover the receptionist's lunch break) to 5 pm (to cover when the receptionist left for the day). I was told that the earliest I'd hear back from them would be Friday. I hope it's something positive! After the iterview I had small talk with my friend Janice and the receptionist, loosened up more (which is good) and made my way home.

I missed the 11 am bus (if I wouldn't have stayed to talk I probably could have made it) so I got a manicure and my eyebrows arched...missed the noon bus so I went the round about way of getting home - the opposite direction I needed to go, then back the way I needed to go. So I didn't end up leaving Cypress until 1 pm. I was going to stop by the college but I didn't know if anyone was going to be there (and I needed to hurry and get home incase my parents weren't there when Marlin got out of school). I took the kind of long way back to the train station, but I used the time to sleep. Here is where the other bad thing happened. I got off the bus at the train station, I was walking through the crosswalk and fell again! I've NEVER fallen twice in one day! Something with my balance is waaay off. More of my tote bag broke, but I didn't skin my knee anymore than I had the first time. Got on the other bus...it would take me within 10 blocks or so of my apartment if I walked - I opted to wait for the bus that would drop me off across the street from my apartment. While I was waiting, I kept hearing someone honk but couldn't tell where it was coming from. Finally turned around and saw my mom. So yay, I got a ride home.

On the way home, I told her some about the interview and falling and she suggested I go to the er/hospital/dr. Don't have the insurance or money to cover that so I'm going to have to pass for now. If I continue to fall, I'll go or something. When I got home, I got online right quick to check my e-mail, watch the last of NCIS and then I slept until 1030 pm. Before I went to sleep, my Uncle (he lives in North Carolina and Detroit) called. He told my mom he got both announcements I sent (one to the family house in Detroit and one to his house in North Carolina) and that he had my cousin write a check to me because he didn't know what I needed. I don't really need anything other than money lol. My mom kind of told me that but she forgot to ask him how much. I know this Uncle, so when he gives money, he really gives. He's my favorite Uncle on my mom's side - reminds me of my Grandpa (their dad), so I'm anxious for that.

When I woke up, my mom told me my neighbor Angie was calling my name (I was asleep and didn't hear her) so she could give me a graduation gift. I'll give her a thank you card the next time I see her. Hopefully she won't be too "hurt" if I wait until I get my gradaution picture to give her the card. Sometimes she's...weird and gets this attitude if she's not thanked right away for things. But she gave me some kitty slippers, a graduation frame I can write on, a certificate (which I'm going to give to my church so I won't have to order the one I saw online), a photo album, a little graduation bear and a card. It was all really cute.

Hmm whatelse...There was some Lost special on TV when I woke up. I watched it and part of me wants to see the 2 hours finale next Wednesday, but I don't know if I have other shows that I watch that will be on. I know the results for AI will be on, but I'm not watching that anymore since Melinda isn't there. Other than that, I don't know what other shows will be on...what other finales I'll want to see. I know I'll have to record something.

It feels like it's supposed to be Saturday, but it's Friday. And it's 130 am and I'm still awake. I'm going to try to go back to sleep.

No comments: