Friday, May 4, 2007

So that's what networking is...

Or something like that.

My friend Janice told me that the place she works at needs to hire someone to fill her position within the next 2 weeks. She gave me all the information and told me to call for a phone interview. I just got done with that and now I'm waiting for some follow up information and some questions that I have to answer and e-mail back to Isacc.

And I just can't seem to escape the OC. This job is at Universal Electronics and that's about 10 minutes or so away from Cypress College. No big deal. I know EXACTLY how to get to this place, what buses I need to take and what time I'd need to leave in order to get there on time. There are 2 possible time shifts I can work: 9 am to 3 pm or 11 am to 5 pm. I think I'd choose the 9-3 simply because of my graduation on the 24th. There's no way I'd be able to get home and back to Cypress in time, plus it'd be a waste of money. If I get the job, I'd just wear whatever I was going to wear to graduation to work and have my parents meet me with my cap & gown. It's a shame I'll have to e-mail Sheri and tell her I can't work the Star Wars thing.

Oh yeah, more about the new job...the position is HR Assistant, it's part time, 30 hrs/week and between $11-$12/hr. Everything that Isaac was telling me I'd do is pretty much what I did at SBCoG. It's a glorified secretary position, but I don't care. It's work and Isacc sounded nice. He said the HR Director is nice, as are the other people in the department. Jen (my friend who told me about the job) also said they're nice. I'll have to be the judge and hopefully I'll get along with them better than I did the people at SBCoG.

Speaking of SBCoG...it's been 4 months since I stopped working there and sometimes I miss some of the people. Mostly the Children's Pastor and the Director of Noah's Ark. Everyone else was a bit too much for me...especially Jeannie.

But I have some questions to answer for Universal Electronics, so I better get on that and e-mail them back to Isacc asap!

No comments: