Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Scrapbook text

So I'm working on my scrapbook and I'm doing the text for a lot of the pictures and I'm stuck. I know what I want to say, but I don't want it to sound too cheesy, but at the same time I want it to be cute. lol

This is what I have. Tell me what you think.

On September 5th, 2007 I embarked on my cross-country Greyhound Bus trip. My parents, Mary & Richard Elliott, dropped me off at the Greyhound Bus Station in Downtown Los Angeles and after a wait of about 45 minutes, I was called to board my first bus.

City Time Layover

Los Angeles, CA 09:00 a.m. ----

San Bernardino, CA 10:10 a.m. 20 mins

Indio, CA 11:50 p.m. 15 mins

Blythe, CA 01:45 p.m. 30 mins


In Blythe, I grabbed lunch at a truck stop McDonalds and as boarding the bus, Border Patrol questioned each passenger as to their country of citizenship.

I'm a US Citizen thank you very much!


Now leaving California

Now entering Arizona

City Time Layover

Phoenix, AZ 04:35 p.m. 1 hr

Tuscon, AZ 07:45 p.m. 15 mins

Now leaving Arizona

Now entering New Mexico

City Time Layover

Lordsburg, NM 11:45 p.m. 16 mins

Adios New Mexico!

Hola Texas and September 6th!

In El Paso, I changed buses for the first time. It was a very scary and exciting time. Despite it being 3 am, well really 4 am when we got back on the bus again, there was a lot of people in the bus station and Spanish overload!

City Time Layover

El Paso, TX 02:50 a.m. 1 hr 10 mins

Van Horn, TX 07:00 a.m. 30 mins

Ft Stockton, TX 09:30 a.m. 20 mins

Junction, TX 01:05 p.m. 15 mins

In San Antonio, I changed buses again. This time, I was a little more confident about traveling alone and I was able to enjoy myself and people watch.

San Antonio, TX 03:50 p.m. 40 mins

And for the third and last time, I changed buses in Houston. I'm getting to be a pro at this changing buses thing!

Houston, TX 07:75 p.m. 1 hr 15 mins

Orange, TX 10:45 p.m. 15 mins

Adios Texas!

Hello September 7th, Louisana, Alabama & Florida!

City Time Layover

Baton Rouge, LA 01:45 a.m. 45 mins

Mobile, AL 05:30 a.m. 1 hr 15 mins

Pensacola, FL 7:50 a.m. ----

In Mobile, I was able to take a bathroom shower. I wasn't the only one who had the same idea, either! There were about 5 or 6 girls/women, freshening up in the ladies bathroom. I went into the large stall, did my thing and came out feeling a bit more refreshed.

And now I'm in Pensacola! Let the fun continue!

Does it sound too cheesy?

Okay, back to work I go! This is kind of fun! LOL

No comments: