Saturday, September 15, 2007

Write up pt 1b

I'll have to do the write up from my days on the bus later. Here's from when I arrived in Florida.

Friday
I arrived in Pensacola, Florida Friday (9/7) morning and my brother was waiting there for me. He got my bags and we were on our way back to his house in Crestview. I think he lives about an hour and a half to an hour and 45 minutes away. I'm not sure.

Friday afternoon my brother made lunch (some pasta and bacon dish that was really good) then we (Nieves, the girls and I) went swimming, but Marta wasn't feeling well, so she didn't get in the pool. She was having more fun throwing things into the pool and watching them splash in my face. LOL

That evening I called Marissa and we kind of planned out what we were going to do Saturday for the concert. Nieves showed me all the scrapbooks she'd been working on and kind of got me into doing that as well.

I didn't get to sleep until a little after 1 a.m., I believe


Saturday
Had cereal for breakfast (even though I wasn't hungry), watched a bit of cartoon with my nieces, then around 13:30 a.m. we headed for Eglin Air Force Base and to see the airplanes that are on display. Stupid me, I forgot my camera so I couldn't take pictures. I took a few with my cell phone, but those are kind of crappy. Nieves has some other ones that she's going to e-mail to me that I can include in my scrapbook. Then we went to the BX (Base Exchange for those who don't know) to look around. I was going to see if I could find a digital camera, but I didn't get a chance to. Instead I got this fuzzy blanket and pillow.

Left the base altogether and after playing txt message tag with Marissa, I got a hold of her to find out what time to meet her then we (my brother, Nieves, the girls and I) went to AC Moore. AC Moore is like Michaels Craft Store, but BETTER! At least better than the Michaels I've gone to. I got some scrapbooking supplies and headed back to the house to drop everything off then head to Marissa's.

Marissa's recap of the concert was awesome, so I'm not going to expand upon it anymore. LOL I'm lazy.I'll add my recap of the concert, but first I will say that I had to stuff my camera because they weren't allowing them in and I was so scared I was going to get caught. But I didn't. After the concert we stood outside to see if any of the guys would come out and while we were waiting it rolled to midnight and Marissa, Gee and Victoria sang happy birthday to me. Hee! Marissa dropped me back at my brothers at around 2 a.m. He was still up waiting too. And Marissa didn't get lost on her way back to her house from my brother's. LOL I went to bed right when I got to the room.


Sunday (pictures to be put on PB later)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

When I woke up, my brother was making waffles. I had chocolate chip waffles. Then we got ready to head to the beach. I had no intention of getting in the water, so I didn't put on my swimsuit. I had on pink shorts and a pink tank top and my flip-flops. I did take my towel to sit on and dry off my feet though. We got to this one beach and it was pretty packed so we went to the Eglin Beach (a beach on an air force base…can you believe that?! haha) and staked our claim. The sand is so white and beautiful. It really looks like snow! And the water is this pretty clear blue color…nothing like the watch and sand of the beaches here in Cali! I took about a quart of the sand back with me! The water got me kind of wet so I just got all the way in.

After being there for about an hour, a few people in the water started freaking out because "something was out there". At the time, I was sitting on the shore and happened to look out into the water just in time to see a dorsal fin come out of the water and go back in. My first thought was "OMG a shark?" but then I saw a tail flap and was like "OMG a dolphin!" because the splash was too small to come from a whale. Within seconds, more people saw the dolphins swimming out there - pretty close to people, might I add - and they raced to the water. The dolphins hung around for about 15 minutes, then took off when there was too many people around. Nieves stayed out by where they were swimming and she said that under water, she could hear the noises they were making and that it was awesome. They were a good THREE FEET in front of her! As the excitement of the dolphins was dying down, this little girl freaked out because something swam by her foot. Her mom was calm about it and was like "Sweetie, that's just a sea turtle." I looked out in time to see the shadow/reflection of it swim off. Of all times NOT to have an underwater digital camera! We left the beach about 1 p.m. headed to the fabric store then back to the house to get changed for dinner.

My birthday dinner was at a place called Okinawa. It's a Japanese Restaurant (duh) and sushi bar. There's a hibachi where the cook does the meal right in front of you…Benihana though I've never been before. The chef was making some funny jokes while cooking. He made a volcano out of onion rings. There was flames everywhere. It was very cool! Then, what I'm most "proud" of was the fact that I was able to catch a little piece of shrimp in my mouth! The guy was a couple feet away from me when he tossed it, but still…I CAUGHT IT AND DIDN'T CHOKE! Nieves got a picture of me AFTER I caught it. The shutter speed on my mom's camera was too slow to capture me catching the shrimp in my mouth. I think my brother tried and then this man that was also at the table tried.

My brother, Nieves and I (the girls slept through it because one of them is scared by the show) had Hibachi Shrimp and Scallops and sushi (Alaskan and Tuna). We finished eating and the waitresses came by with a pineapple boat thing and candle and sang happy birthday to me in English and Japanese. Hearing it in Japanese was really pretty. We also had ice cream and a fortune cookie. After that, but before we left, I opened my gifts - a blue purse (Nieves has a brown one like it) and a cross necklace with faith imprinted on it.

We got back to the house about 10 p.m. and Nieves showed me some stuff on the computer and we watched a different version of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. This particular version the group of ten were stranded on this mountain top mansion as opposed to on an island. And just like in the past, I got scared by it and had to sleep with the covers over my head and the lights on. Lol Every time I watch that movie, I have the same sleeping reaction.


Monday (pictures to be put on PB later)
I didn't do much this day. Around 11:30 a.m. Marissa picked me up and we went to Red Lobster for lunch and then to The Boardwalk to ice cream and I bought some souvenirs. I got back to my brother's house and then we went to Wal*Mart so Nieves could make copies of the pictures I brought. I bought a couple of movies, some scrapbooking stickers and some postcards for my scrapbook. Got back to the house and watched another Agatha Christie movie before going to bed.


Tuesday (pictures to be put on PB later)
My last day in Florida!

We woke up kind of early. There was a lot to do. Nieves wanted to clean the house so that we could take pictures, so while the cleaning was being done, I was outside with the girls. They finished cleaning, the girls got dressed, I finished getting dressed, and then we headed to a mall like place called Destin Commons. Nice outdoor shopping and a little play area for the kids. So of course, the kids played there and just as we were getting them to dry them off from playing in the fountain area (if you've been to Universal City Walk, it's like there…the water shoots up from the ground) when it started to rain. Within seconds, it was pouring! We barely made it inside to where the bathrooms where before it really came down. We waited it out for a while and when my brother came back from the car with the umbrellas it had stopped raining. We walked around the area more, and got in the car before heading to this one mall that Nieves really want to take me to…I think she just wanted to got o the mall because she'd been wanting to get the girls another pair of shoes so they wouldn't always have to wear sandals.

They got me to the Greyhound station at 5:30 p.m. and my bus wasn't scheduled to leave until 6:40 p.m.


I'll pick up from there later. I have work to do!

No comments: