Monday, April 9, 2007

It's time for that weekend update, huh?

Saturday: My day started at like 7:30 am in getting ready for the usual Saturday Yard Work that's done every week at the church. My parents, Lora, and Abe cleaned the yard up. I did my usual prep for Sunday's service – make bulletins and inserts. Seeing as it was the day before Easter, this Sunday's bulletin was different and I wanted to make sure there were no errors so I had to wait until about 10:30 for Colleen to arrive to show her and see if there were any errors I didn't catch. There weren't any so I ran the bulletins – 90 of them - and while those were going we had the final rehearsal for the Easter Cantata.

The rehearsal for the cantata lasted about an hour – we were done and out of the church by 12:15. My parents stuck around because they had to set up for Easter Lunch on Sunday. After rehearsal Lora and I did a bit of running around (back to my place for my camera and to drop off my things I didn't need to take to the zoo and then to her place for something for Staci and then to get Staci – she didn't go to the zoo) before meeting John and Colleen at the Zoo.

Zoo: We got there around 2:15 I think. That was fun. I didn't get to see any Elephants because their home was being remodeled, as was the home for the apes/gorillas (no poo was thrown at me!). I did get to see some howler monkeys and some chimps. Saw a really beautiful lion, I think a couple of tigers and alligator, lots of flamingos and ducks, lots of birds (other than ducks lol), the home for the aquatic animals was being remodeled as well, so I didn't get to see those. Also saw hippos, pretty giraffes, a couple of black bears and some other weird animals.

I think I saw a famous person while looking at some monkeys. I couldn't tell where he was from and I can't remember his name and I didn't want to seem weird taking a picture of him so I didn't. I thought he was in Soul Food but when we got to John and Colleen's I found out he wasn't. But I KNOW I saw him in some movie or tv show! At the end of the zoo trip we were coming out one of the gift shops and I saw him again. I was staring at him hoping I could either 1) work up the nerve to ask his name/where he was from or 2) take a picture of him to see if anyone else knew. But I didn't. While I was looking at him, he was looking back at me giving me that I know you know who I am, now what are you going to do about it? look. Needless to say, I didn't go anything about it. But he's a very good looking black man that's for sure.

After the zoo, John went to get pizza while Colleen, Lora and I went back to the house (John and Colleen's house). We had pizza, talked, looked at pictures online then at about 9 p.m. Lora and I left. We went to her mom and dad's to pick up some eggs and went to Lora's apartment. We watched tv and did the eggs. After the eggs watched more tv and I got home about 1 am. I would have stayed the night, but I didn't have any clothes with me. Pictures!

Sunday: Easter!!! The car battery was dead so I called Lora to see if she could pick us up and she did. We were at church from about 10:30 a.m. to about 3:30 pm! The Cantata was great (the choir consists of 12 people, including the leader and piano player) and there was over 100 other church members (combined English/Spanish service). After that was lunch and that was so yummy! Sadly, I forgot to take pictures at the lunch so there aren't any from me from the event. My mom brought home food to last the rest of the week, so I don't have to do much cooking, which is good since we don't have much food. lol When we got home I was up for about another hour before crashing at 4:30. I didn't wake up until 11:30 pm, got online and didn't go to bed until 5 am! OMFG! Pictures!

5 a.m. means that's Monday. Today is Monday and I've done a bunch of nothing. lol It's 1:35 pm and I just got out the shower. I'm fighting to comb my hair and then I need to vacuum, finish washing the dishes and maybe get around to watching An Inconvenient Truth.

No comments: