Friday, April 6, 2007

Try to do something nice...

And it bites me in the ass!

I spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to help my mom find something she likes at Ashley Stewart and she kept saying, "I don't know...I like too many things..." OMG!

When I walked in there, I did a once over so that if I had money left over next week I could by myself something spring like. I found 3 cute halter dresses I liked but the only thing I didn't like was the $50 attached to it. FINALLY she decided on one of the 3 tops I picked for her and this necklace/earring set. She has like $12 left on her gift card.

After that we went to Payless so I could buy some shoes. So many shoes I wanted but not enough money! I'm clearing out those flip flops the next time I have money! They would look so cute with the halter dresses I picked. Anyways, I found some platform sandals that I may or may not wear with my Easter dress.

After Payless was the nail place. OMG that was just drama waiting to happen. Not between me and my mom, but between other customers and the nail people. Let me first say that I'm GLAD I don't live or work in the neighborhood. I CANNOT STAND the black people in that neighborhood! Loud, obnoxious and foul mouthed. My mom gets her manicure for $7, lets them dry and goes to get something to eat. I'm still getting my nails done and these 2 black ladies are going on and on about crap. First the guy isn't doing her nails right and so he starts to do them another way and what a shocker, that's not right either. Then the lady who was with her was pissed because no one was servicing her. Well HELLO! The manicurist asked her what she wanted and when the manicurist repeated it, the lady said no. So hell, the manicurist moved on to someone else! Finally the guy manicurist got fed up with the first lady (who kept bringing up the fact that she was just operated on the week before) and asked another lady (who finished doing my nails) to finish this lady. So Diane (the lady who did my nails) is working on this lady and apparently doing it the "right" way. The the lady asks Diane how much, Diane said $28 - $12 for the fill, $4 for cut down and $12 for pedicure. That pissed the lady off. This that and the other about how it was too much and then she asked the girl if it was too much and blah blah blah. Diane's trying really hard tobe nice, but I could tell this lady was pissing her off. Then the lady was like, "fine, I want airbrushed too. I came in with that and I want to leave with that" so Diane tells her that it'll be $10 more. On the price chart airbrushing is $10 and up. That pissed the lady off even more. "You mean, I gotta pay to put something back on that I came in with? That's fucked up!" or something to that effect. I didn't want to get involved, but she was pissing me off saying that Diane and the other workers did crappy work. So I was like, "On the price chart it has $10 for airbrushing, you have to pay for it." to which the lady replies, "That's fucked up I'm leaving." she stands and goes to take her money, but Diane takes it first. Bad move on Diane's part because this lady is even more pissed (wouldn't have thought it was possible, but it happened). she's yelling at Diane to give her the change back and that's what Diane did. Gave her $2 back (math: 28 from 30 equals 2). The lady is stil pissed and Diane's like, I'm calling the police (aka mall security). They come 5 minutes later, rehash everything and by this time, I was leaving. I told them what I saw (explaining it better than Diane and the customer) and they said I could go. I don't know what happened after that, but security said that the lady shouldn't come back if she didn't like the service. I know that Diane's not going to let them come back in. I don't blame her either!

Whew! That was a nice hour nail session! I sit in the car eating and telling my mom what happened and we head to pick my dad up. Then he picks up his dry cleaning, drops my mom off at the retirement home and drops me off before going to the library. And I'm home alone. My sister picked her kids up from school so for the next 3-4 hours I'm home alone. NIIICE!

Speaking of retirement home...one of the homes my mom volunteers at needs a weekend receptionist. Working around old people weirds me out, but I figure, I could use the money. Monday my mom is going to get more information for me about it. If I do go through with it I'll be working Saturday and Sunday. Yes! No church! I'm so bad, but church is so boring.

I'm going to change my pants, eat the rest of my Chinese food and watch some tv.

--

The great and almost only comfort about being a woman is that one can always pretend to be more stupid than one is and no one is surprised.
~Freya Stark, world traveler

A lot of guys think the larger a woman's breasts are, the less intelligent she is. I don't think it works like that. I think it's the opposite. I think the larger a woman's breasts are, the less intelligent the men become.
~Anita Wise, satirist

No comments: