Thursday, January 10, 2008

medicine is supposed to make you feel better, right?

This madness all started last Friday when I told Kris I had a feeling I was going to get sick. My throat was hurting and I wasn't wearing warm enough clothes to be sitting outside in the cold rainy weather. And on top of it, while I was waiting for the bus to come home, several cars and trucks splashed water on me. After a while, I gave up on where I stood because I was going to get wet no matter what. The good thing I did though was as soon as I got home, I took off all the wet clothes and put warm ones on and I drank tea and theraflu.

Saturday morning, my throat was still sore, but there was no other sickness symptoms. I still drank tea and theraflu. By Saturday afternoon/evening I was beginning to feel a bit rundown and tired. Getting more sick. Sunday I was a little better, though I now sounded hoarse. I couldn't skip church like I wanted because I still had a lot of work to do that I wasn't able to finish Saturday.

Monday I continued to drink threaflu in hopes that I'd only have a sore throat and that with time it would go away. Tuesday night my nose was completely stuffed up, so I took something for that (to help me breath at night) and when I woke up Wednesday, what do you know, I had a runny nose...my brain didn't turn the faucet off and it was dripping all damn day. I took a day time alka seltzer around 1 pm and around 10 pm I drank another theraflu.

I don't know what time it was when I woke up, but it was early. I could only breathe out of one side of my nose and I had the chills and my body ached. Hello cold that could be the flu! Just what I need when I start school in 4 days! NOT!!

My plans to go to the DMV are shot, someone has to be here all day (or at least when the kids get here after school) because I'm probably going to be knocked out in bed (if I'm lucky). Why couldn't I have gotten sick at the end of last year? Why now just as I'm starting school...and interviewing for a new job?!

I'm going back to bed. someone text me if the fandom(s) emplode or explode.

No comments: