Friday, December 7, 2007

Yet another busy (and rainy) Friday

I'm so freaking tempted to NOT do the speech that's due on 12/12, but it's worth 350 pts (175 for both the speech and the outline). Are you kidding me?! 350 points for a 5-6 minute speech and 1 page outline?! That's enough to make a person go crazy from worrying what to do. I do have a topic picked out...actually I'm torn between 2 topics - California's Three Strikes Law or Illiteracy in America.

I hate that we're only given a week to do research on a topic and then asked to present that topic in 5-6 minutes. Last speech I went indepth and went over my time limit. This time do I bs it and hope that it's 5 minutes? A lot of people BSed their speeches, got it between 5-6 minutes and were praised. Clearly I'm still annoyed by this and will be for quite sometime.

Since I didn't get to update my Rosa Parks paper, I'm going to do that today too. It's due on Thursday and I don't have enough money in my print account to take my sweet time like I wanted so I'm going to do exactly what Professor Newman said and nothing more. If I would have started on it in the beginning of November, maybe I would have enough time to really go all out.

Going to leave for work at 8:40, do my work then do my homework and come home. I still have 3 Dr. Who dvds to watch and one I'm almost done with. I'm going to finish that one and then mail it today (on my way to or from work). My main queue for Netflix has about 70 DVDs in it. I'm debating on if I want to continue the service or not. I have like 80 or 90 (maybe more) in another queue that I have disabled. I might cancel it when I hit the year mark (February 2008).

I better go watch the rest of this Dr. Who dvd before it gets too late.

No comments: