Saturday, December 1, 2007

Leno's striking staffers gone

I just read that Leno's striking staffers were laid off and my jaw dropped. I don't watch Leno too much anymore (since I'm usually watching TMZ) but still. That's crazy.

Then I remember something that my history teacher said at our last class meeting...that President Roosevelt (Franklin that is) set up some program or something, that said that stiking union workers couldn't be fired. In my notes I have it as the Wagner Act.

Time to google and read up on the Wagner Act because reading about these writers being laid off while they're on strike has me all kinds of confused.

edit: I read up on it at Wikipedia and I'm still confused. I did find an Act called the Taft-Hartley Act and part of it deals with actors and SAG, but nothing specifically about WGA. I should ask my history teacher about it on Tuesday.

BTW, I'm very bored and putting off working on my speech. I should go to the library when it opens up, but after feeling blah from going out in the rain yesterday, I don't want to go out today - rain or not.

I hate looky-loos. The crocheted stuff I have up at etsy has been looked at SEVERAL times, but no takers! Are the prices unreasonable or something?! I don't think they are! These are hats and scarves that have been done by hand!

I'm going to have turkey soup for breakfast. YUM! The breakfast of cold champions!! hehe

but first, my maidly duties have been called upon. *rolls eyes*

No comments: