Sunday, November 25, 2007

Air New Zeland

I just sent my resume to Air New Zeland for one of their Rates Agent positions. A lot of the stuff they required the applicant know how to do I learned about through the ATC program so I took a stab and applied.

Mandatory
  • 1-2 years airline, reservations, GDS, travel agent or related experience required (I don't have the work experience, but I have the class experience)
  • Knowledge of airline transportation industry, familiarity with public and private fares (Gained from class work)
  • Understanding of airline business, both leisure and business (Gained from class work)
  • Keen understanding of international fare construction (Gained from class work)
  • Ability to read, interpret and use Air Tariffs (I wasn't too good in class, but with practice, I could get the hang of it again)
  • Knowledge of customer services practices and procedures (I aced my airline customer service and job skills communication classes...yet I can't seem to find a customer service related job...)
  • Commonly practised safety procedures and guidelines
  • Knowledge of computer mainframe systems and/or GDSs (Gained from class work)
  • Strong MicroSoft Office skills: excel, word, outlook, etc. (I like Microsoft over other operating systems)
  • Detail oriented & Strong organizational skills (You should see my notebooks for my classes...I'm anal about that...just not the rest of my work/living area haha)
  • Proper telephone and customer service etiquette (I aced my airline customer service and job skills communication classes...)
  • Some ability to understand and interpret legal documents, contracts, rules and regulations Excellent written and oral communication (If using common sense is involved, I can handle that...I'm pretty good at communicating through writing and speaking)
  • Excellent interpersonal skills (That's what the Human Communications I'm taking is supposed to help me improve...)
  • Ability to carry out written and oral instructions (I think I work best having assignments written out as opposed to told me to...at least if the assignment has many parts to it.)
  • Ability to train other staff on Pricing related issues (I helped the people sitting around me pass SABRE and Apollo, so I'm pretty sure I could "train" others)
    Working Conditions
  • Typical office environment
  • May involve extended periods of time standing and/or walking

I need to get my other Quick Reference Guide from Campus (I think I'll do that Monday or Tuesday) to brush up on some of the commands. Luckily I still have time on my Apollo training card from Spring 2006.

My mom went into work early today because the morning receptionist was sick. If I would have known that last night, I wouldn't have called Lora for a pick up to church. My dad's not home and today is another good day to be home alone. I can organize my room and watch TV in peace.

My dad has a Blue Chip Inventory job today, tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday. They're all at 3 am or there abouts with the exception of Thursday and that's at 5 pm.

I've been downloading music from friends, most of it Christmas music, but I'm not in the mood just yet to listen to it. I want other kind of music to listen to. I wish I had a mp3 player then I wouldn't have to lug around my CD player and CD case. I miss having a mp3 player. I want the Sandisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player with Digital FM Tuner and Voice Recoder in Pink and if it's still available next week I'm going to buy it.

It's almost 9 am so I better get a quick shower and get dressed before Lora comes.

No comments: