Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This Saturday

1:30 pm at the LA Colisium

USC v UCLA

I want to be there!

I entered a contest for tickets, but I doubt I'm going to win

plus, I'd have no one to go with.

:-(


In other news...I'm tired of hearing about who's upset about The Golden Compass. It just annoys me. It's a work of fiction! Get over it!

Got a response from the man calling himself db. I need to e-mail Maria asking him who he is. But until I get around to doing that, here's his reply.

I appreciate your candid answers. I agree with your observation of the drowning situation. Drowning would be very frightening! A man nor a dog could survive for very long in a freezing pond or lake. Both would be unable to swim very far and would need help of some kind fairly quickly.
You didn't ask me how I guessed that you were a longtime college student. I knew I was right and would have been extremely surprised if I was incorrect! I won't go into that now but I will reserve the comments and reasoning for a later date.
I do find many professors and instructors to be boring parrots who pontificate regularly! `Too many have been in an educational facility from Kindergarten to the present. Most have not had time to experience real life. I also find that if you should ask a professor of language a question about, say, the Civil War the professor most likely tell you to see Professor So-and-so, he has the most knowledge on the Civil War. However, if you ask a professor about politics or religion they all seem to be experts in the field. (Been there, done that!) The problem with this is that they tend to start giving information based upon hearsay, rhetoric and opinion. Facts seem to be unimportant when talking on these subjects. College is particularly difficult when you find you are more intelligent than the professors and have the ability to think. I once confused an instructor when after he expanded upon the "big bang theory" of the beginning of the universe and how all these gasses came together and compressed to cause a huge explosion which gave us the beginning of our universe, I asked him to tell me where all these gasses came from. After noting that the question caused a stir in the classroom, he mumbled something I didn't hear then told me to use my imagination!!
Enough for now!
Thank you for the opportunity to have an open discussion with you. I do have questions that you may be able to answer for me. I shall ask one or two in a couple of days.
Thanking you again, I am
db


Raise your hand if you think I'm going to leave out of here at 10 am? *looks around* that's what I thought! No one. Even I don't think I will, but I have to. I need to type up and print out this self evaluation for speech. It's worth 20 points, and while that isn't a lot of points, I need to do well in at least one class, and if it's not going to be history, then it sure as heck better be speech!

And next Monday we have another major speech. 5-6 minutes in length about an event or concept that class might not know a lot about. I thought I'd speak on segregation. The class is pretty mixed, and barring anyone being a history major or went to a school where civil rights and segregation was talked about longer than a few days/weeks or solely during Black History Month (February), I think it would be good for people to know a bit more about it. Plus, I get to do a powerpoint presentation. I miss doing those!

It's almost 9 am. I need to grab a shower and be ready to leave out at 9:45 am edit: oh crap! I can't leave out at 9:45! I register for Spring classes today at 10! So I'll have to leave out at 10:15 (or whenever I finish registering). There goes getting to school 2 hrs early!

No comments: