Thursday, November 15, 2007

This is going to be fun!

In Speech class, we got this assignment to break 2 nonverbal rules and write about the reaction that we got from breaking these rules. The 2 rules I picked were: When strangers are talking, do not enter their group and When shaking someone's hand, let go after an appropriate amount of time.

These 2 are perfect for me because I don't talk to strangers, unless they come to me first and I don't like shaking peoples hand. If it's for an interview, sure...or being introduced to someone...maybe, but other than that, I don't do it...and I've been on the other end of someone not letting go quickly enough after we've shook hands.

So a paragraph for each rule we broke and we have to present it to class on Monday.


Also, I'm pretty much finished with my outline for my process speech. I e-mailed Mrs Chavez about a couple of things and when I hear back from her, I can finish the outline as well as the Works Cited page and be done with this blasted thing. I hope she replies back to me by Sunday because that's when I plan on printing everything out.

It's 10 minutes to 10 am and I don't leave until 12 pm...what to do for the next 2 hours?!

No comments: