Saturday, November 10, 2007

Buy used and this is what happens

My dad bought a used computer from the thrift store/Salvation Army and it doesn't even work right half the time!

Well, I take that back, it works for the price he paid for it.

But right now it's being a pain in the ass!

It comes on, but it doesn't come on. What I mean by that is that it comes on and the light showing that the hard drive is "working" comes on, but the monitor doesn't come on. He's tried several monitors and it's the same thing. So the connection at the back of the computer isn't working right. Since the monitor connection isn't working right, there's no way to properly shut it down, thus the hard drive is always going. The power button on the front doesn't work, so the switch in the back is used.

This is very frustrating, so my mystery mixed CD thing is going to have to wait...or everyone is going to have to get the electronic version of it.

I'm going to go through the crocheted gift and pack some things for my out of state friends. And see what I'd like to e-bay for some extra spending money.

No comments: