Saturday, November 17, 2007

why is this so hard?!

I'm trying to do this essay/take home exam for history and I can't do it. I HATE having to come up with an essay based on ONE word! Okay, so there are other words...sub-words/topics to help but it's not helping.

Topic 1: Imperialism
  • American Imperialism
  • President McKinley
  • T. Roosevelt's "Great White Fleet"
  • 1896 Spanish/American War
  • Rough Riders
  • Platt Amendment
  • Philippine Insurrection
  • Emilio Aquinaldo
  • New Imperialism
    • Roosevelt & China
    • Roosevelt & Panama Canal
    • Roosevelt Corollary
Topic 2: Suffrage (this one is a bit easier)
  • 1847 Seneca Fall, NY
  • Elizabeth Cady Stanton
  • Susan B. Anthony
  • National American Woman's Suffrage Association (NAWSA)
  • Suffrage & the Civil War
  • 13, 14, 15 Amendments
  • Western Campaign: Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Colorado
  • Alice Paul & the Woman's Party
  • 19th Amendment
  • NOW, Roe v Wade, ERA
There's no actual question we have to answer, just tell about those topics using the formula that's in our couse syllabus

FORMULA:
INTRODUCE TOPIC: WHO WHAT, WHEN, WHERE?
TELL THE STORY: HOW?
LEGACY: WHY HISTORICALLY IMPORTANT? RESULTS?


I like it much better when we're given a question to answer and told to follow the formula. That way, I have some guidance. I guess I'm going to end up BSing my way through the majority of the 2 topics. I'd like a C on this test, please.

+*+

I got my wish for Thanksgiving. Lora called and asked us if we wanted to spend Thanksgiving with her and the family. My dad has to be a hard ass about it and give her a hard time, then has me to call her back to tell here that we'll be going. Sadly, my mom won't be able to go because she has to work. Major suckage. But, she'll get more in her checks for working holidays and then Thursday and yesterday she was called in to cover someone's shift, so there's more $$. Better her than me. She doesn't complain about it, and I do/would.

I'm going back to this essay.

No comments: