Sunday, November 18, 2007

when you type it that means somethin

So you know how earlier I mentioned Murphy's Law in regards to my school assignments, well that messed up the Thanksgiving Dinner we had at church.

Oi! I shouldn't have said anything to begin with!!

What happened was my mom had Lora place a Complete Thanksgiving Dinner from Albertson's for like $50 and what that dinner came with was a FULLY COOKED TURKEY and all the sides. All that we'd have to do was heat it was for a couple of hours and the meal would be good to go.

Is that what happened?! NOOOOO! We got everything and when we got to the church at 3 p.m. (dinner was at 5 p.m.) we opened the box to get things set up only to find that EVERYTHING WAS FROZEN SOLID (well the Hawaiian rolls weren't frozen). The turkey may have been fully cooked, but it was frozen solid! All the sides? frozen. OMFG! My mom was at work, so Lora and I were winging it all damn night! The directions that came with the meal said "for best results thaw turkey for 2-3 days" yeah...we didn't have that kind of time! We had 2 hours and people were going to start coming!

Luckily my mom had made another turkey last night and we were able to use that while the other turkey cooked. And the other people who came brought food (that's why I love potluck dinners!) so all wasn't lost.

But poor Lora! The majority of all this ended up on her shoulders and she was SHOT! Her nerves couldn't take anything else bad happening!

Never again will I say Murphy' Law for whatever reason before something BIG is supposed to happen.

But the dinner wasn't all that bad. There was about 34-35 people (we set up for 40 people) and all the decorations were nice. And the food that we were able to eat was good as well.

Now all that's left is for me to prepare for the speech I give on Wednesday...and that means making sure I have all the ingredients I need to make the cakes.

No comments: