Wednesday, November 21, 2007

guess who's going to be up all night again

*waves hands* That would be me!

I didn't go to sleep the other night/this morning until 6 am, and then my mom woke me up at 10 am with breakfast. Then after 2-3 p.m. (during class!) I was beginning to feel the effect of 4 hours of sleep. On the way home I was able to sleep some. Luckily I was able to wake up and not miss any stops...and all the buses (this morning and this evening!) came on time! Whoo!

I totally messed up my speech today in class. I got all the information out, but I was short 1 1/2 minutes, which is going to take off 9-10 points off my total score and I didn't use any of the transitions, so that's probably going to knock off more points, oh and I forgot to site duing the speech, so bye bye more points. I'll be lucky if I get a C on this speech and I worked hard ass on this too! A Plus, everyone who tried, liked my cupcakes, so that's cool.

I'm having a major internal crisis/conflict right now. I have crushes and I can't have them. Not that I can't, just that I refuse to because they're always on people I can't have for whatever reason. But I know in the end, I'll have made new friends.

I have 3 episodes of Dr Who to watch (if my DVD player is nice), as well as 6 discs of Charmed season 2 (it came today like I thought it would).

I have a lie bump on the tip of my tongue and it freakin hurts like crazy! Nice to know it's not really due to a lie (which I told one on Monday to get out of a sticky situation. Wikipedia has some interesting info on this. And apparently only women get lie bumps.

Lie bumps

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lie bumps (transient lingual papillitis[1] and fungiform papillary glossitis[2] ) are painful, hypertrophic, red and white papillae on the tongue.[1]

[edit] Description

Lie bumps are relatively common — a 1996 study found that 56% of the respondents to their survey reported these lesions.[1] The most common presentation of this was found to be in young women, involving one or several fungiform papillae.[1] The symptoms last several days and resolve on their own with no treatment.[1]

[edit] Cause

The name "lie bumps" is a result of a myth that stating that telling a lie would cause one.[3] Lie bumps are often attributed to irritation of the tongue's papillae (taste buds) by sharp food or teeth.[3] However, very little has been written about this condition in scientific articles or textbooks and scientific studies have failed to produce a definite cause.[1] Possible causes include: "stress, gastrointestinal upset, menstruation, acidic or sour food, and local trauma" (direct physical irritation) of the tongue.[1]

[edit] Treatment

There is no specific treatment for this problem, other than using ice or numbing medicines to ease the pain.[4]

[edit] References

  1. ^ a b c d e f g Roux, O.; Lacour, J.P. and Paediatricians of the Region Var-Cote D'Azur (February 2004). "Eruptive lingual papillitis with household transmission: a prospective clinical study". British Journal of Dermatology 150 (2): 299-303. British Association of Dermatologists. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2133.2004.05703.x. Retrieved on 2007-10-30.
  2. ^ Marks, R.; Scarff, C.E.; Yap, L.M.; Verlinden, V.; Jolley, D.; Campbell, J. (October 2005). "Fungiform papillary glossitis: atopic disease in the mouth?". British Journal of Dermatology 153 (4): 740-745. British Association of Dermatologists. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2133.2005.06577.x. Retrieved on 2007-10-30.
  3. ^ a b "Itty-bitty bumps", WomensHealthMag.com, March 2006. Retrieved on 2007-10-30.
  4. ^ "Dr. John R. Kalmar" (2006-02-19). "Lie bumps". Retrieved on 2007-10-30.


So it should go away in a couple of days? well I've had it for a couple of days already and it seems to be hurting more!

No comments: