Friday, November 23, 2007

I guess I did better than I expected

I just watched the recording of my process speech from Wednesday and I listened to the instructors comments and I guess I did better than I thought. She said that since I forgot to give source citations in the actual speech (they were on the outline and works cited page) that was going to cost me up to 10 points (or a full letter grade) and then on top of that, I was 1 1/2 minutes short, so there's another 9-10 points off...so in total I lost about 19-20 points. That still leaves me at 90% but I don't have my final evaluation paper from her so I probably won't know until Monday or Wednesday. We also have to do a self evaluation of the speech, but she didn't give us a form to fill out or anything, so that'll probably happen Monday because self evaluations are due (according to the class calendar) on Nov 26 with a second major speech due on Dec 3rd! She needs to work on the planning and timing of the class because a week for a major speech isn't really enough time, especially when she has lectures planned and we don't get to those...and everything gets pushed back or we have to do a lot of cramming to make sure everything happens so we aren't even further behind.

I said this before, but I'd be happy if I got away with a B or a C. I worked too hard for anything lower than that, and since I failed to do some key things in the speech, I don't deserve full credit for doing the assignment.

I have what would have been an impromptu speech to work on. We have to have the form completed for Monday so that we can give the speeches. I also have to work on my historical site visit for history class. That's due Nov 29th.

My dad's been gone since about 6 or 7 this morning. He went with this guy and his wife to the computer store to help the guy pick out a new computer. I want a new computer! better yet I want a lap top! I can't even afford the ones that are on sell at Best Buy! I suck at budgeting money. and I owe my mom $95. I hope to have that paid back to her by the end of the year.

I watched the rest of Dr Who last night and I love that show! Sucks that only 3 (current) seasons are on DVDs. I looked the show up on wikipedia and was surprised to see that it was originally on for 26 seasons! I think that's the longest actor driven TV show I know of...even if the main characters change every season. It's still a cool show and I might be tempted to add the original version of the show to my Netflix list. In the mean time, I'm going to finish Charmed season 2 and watch my recording of Bones and NCIS from last week.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and equally wonderful time shopping (if you did so).

No comments: