Friday, October 19, 2007

I think it's time to delete some files!

My hard drive is finally full. Music and photos have taken up a BUNCH of space. I've taken a lot of my important school and money related papers and put those on my flash drive. All that's left is the music and photos.

I'm working on the photos now. I'm uploading them all the their appropiate photobucket accounts and then I'm going to delete them off the hard drive. Hopefully that'll free up enough space that I can do regular tasks (like work on homework or work for church).

Music is something different. Since I STILL haven't figured out why I can't completly burn music CDs, the music is just sitting there. Now is when I wish I still worked at the office in Torrance! I could burn CDs on that computer! Hell, i don't even know what happened to the blank CDs we had! I found them, but I'm weary to try and burn anything because if it doesn't work, then that's a wasted CD.

edit:
I'm going to burn all my documents to a CD and delete them off the hard drive. It's still not going to free up a bunch of space, but it's a starting point and when I finish even more space will have been freed up.

edit 2: I'm able to save my music as files and not actual mp3s that I can listen to on my CD player. I'll only be able to listen to them on the computer, and that's okay with me. The more that's off the hard drive, the better. I'm still keeping the zipped up CDs though.

About an hour ago a police officer came and knocked on the door. FREAKED ME OUT! They were looking for someone and thought he lived here. I remember my parents mentioning something about police being at the street over and when my mom got home today at 9 pm, she said they were still down there. I went back and looked at 9:10 pm and saw the police leaving. Seems Elm Vista is back to being a bad block...just like it was when I was growing up. That's sad.

No comments: