Monday, October 1, 2007

sometimes it's not worth to keep the friends you make in college

I became close to a few friends while in the ATC program at Cypress back in 2006 and now that I'm done with the program and the friends I made are either working in the industry or still going to to school, I can't get a hold of them. I send them IMs when I see them online, and e-mails to see how they're doing...but nothing in return.

One friend in particular. She's younger than me and she told me she thought of me as an older sister and we hung out A LOT while at school. But now. She's a flight attendant, married (I guess) and living with her bf/husband in North Pole, Alaska (where he's stationed in the Air Force).

I found out the last bit of stuff through forwarded e-mails! The last time I talked to her, she casually mentioned her husband...woah! I had NO IDEA she'd gotten married! The time before that when I last talked to her, I was congraduating her on graduating from the F/A academy with the airline she applied to (I don't remember which one).

But I can't place all the blame on the friends I do want to keep in contact with who don't reply to me. I'm sure there are people from my past who've tried to get a hold of me and I simply brush them off. Maybe this is my karma kicking me in the butt for that. I don't know. But it really hurts and makes me feel like I DON'T have any friends.

No comments: